Goodness gracious, it’s my 28th birthday! That means 2 years to the big 3-0! I have decided to mark this monumental occasion with very own “30 before 30” bucket list. I was thinking yesterday about how I couldn’t believe I was turning 28 and I felt like there were so many things I wanted to do before I turned 30. I started reading some lists from some blogs I found online and went from there. The following are a list of things that I want to do in the next 2 years before I hit my next big birthday!
- Visit Australia and New Zealand – I am dying to go to Australia and New Zealand, so this is number 1 on my list of things to do before I am thirty!
- Perform 30 acts of kindness – over the next 2 years, I will find ways to perform 30 acts of kindness and hopefully someone will pay it forward
- Be in 2 states at once – I have always wanted to do this, so why not now
- See Niagara Falls – Although I have been to NYC on many occasions, I have never made it this far north!
- Take a road trip down the west coast of the United States – I want to Start in Seattle, Washington and road trip down to San Diego, California! Hitting all the big stops in between (Portland, Napa Valley, San Francisco, LA, and so many more)!
- Visit Canada – I have heard that Toronto is fun city and I would love to visit!
- Take a spontaneous trip to somewhere I have never been – I had so much fun when I spontaneously decided to go to Miami a couple of weeks ago. Next time, I want to go somewhere I have never been
- Spend a weekend at the beach cut off from the world – Yes, turn off the phone & unplug… just a weekend of relaxation and good reading
- Put my feet in the Pacific Ocean – this kind of goes hand in hand with number 5!
- Go on an all-girls trip – I love taking trips with my girlfriends, so I want to do one BIG trip before the big 3-0!
- Run/walk a marathon – I am signed up to run a half-marathon this year and would love to run/walk a marathon before I am 30!
- Get in the best shape of my life & stay that way – As I work towards my healthy living goals, I want to get in the best shape of my life!
- Learn something new
- See more live music & concert & plays – this list goes on & on, but I do want to see more live entertainment over the next couple of years
- Read more books (broaden my variety) – I love reading, but I definitely need to widen the genres of books I read
- Keep up with this blog – I have really enjoyed this blog and want to keep up with!
- Get a camera and take up photography again
- Teach someone something new – not only do I love learning new things, but I also love teaching someone new things and my job allows me to do this on a daily basis.
- Find something I am passionate about and pursue it
- Do something that scares me
- Visit Ireland – I am dying to go to Ireland & drink a beer in an Irish pub!
- Attend my 10 year high school reunion and catch up with people I haven’t seen in years!
- Find the perfect “little black dress” – unfortunately, I do not have one, but definitely something I want to find before turning 30!
- Take a hot air balloon ride
- Go to Harry Potter World – I have been to the original side of Harry Potter World, but I have not been the newest side of Harry Potter World – this is something I definitely want to do before I turn 30!
- Try crossfit, just once!
- Take up dance (again) – I used to dance and cheer when I was younger and would love to take it up again, mostly as a fun way to help with number 12!
- Save money (outside of my 401k) – I have a pretty good 401k set up by giving myself 10% every pay check, but now I want to save up money outside of that. It won’t be easy with car payments and student loans, but a little bit every month helps!
- Take a cooking class & make it stick – I am not the best cook and while I can follow recipes pretty easily, I just want to take a class to learn a few tips & tricks
- Spend my 30th birthday in Las Vegas!
PHEWW – so that list was a lot harder to make than I thought it would be, but man am I excited to tackle this list! I know I have a lot of “travel” items, but I would rather make memories by traveling the world than have money in my bank account! I will keep y’all updated over the next two years and add links to the posts I create for each item I cross off my list!
Do you have any cool “30 before 30” bucket list items you wanted to share? Comment below!
LIVE | LOVE | HAIR