Hi guys – can you believe another month has come and gone! This year is a quarter of the way through.. how much good have you done?
I have been running a lot this month! Running is my favorite form of cardio, so I have been trying to get in 2-3 runs a week. Today is the last day of the month and I have run over 40 miles! That is $10+ dollars to charity this month! This year, I have run over 100 a miles, which is 1/3 of my annual goal! SOOOO.. I am going to increase the goal I set for myself in my resolutions & goals post – I am setting myself a goal of 350 miles for the year! That is less than 250 miles to go!
Also, I had my weigh in and measurements taken last week – I have lost 2 pounds since my last weigh in (and I know it is not as much as my last time, but gaining muscle will offset losing pounds). That means, since January, I have lost 9 pounds! NINE POUNDS! I also lost several inches this month
- Neck (-0.25 inches)
- Chest (-1 inches – improvement from last month of 0)
- Shoulders (-1 inches – improvement from last month of 0)
- Waist (-2 inches – improvement from last month of -0.5)
- Hips (+0.25 inches- those squats are improving the bootayy ;), but definitely working on this area this month)
- Bicep (+0.25 inches – need to keep working on my arms!)
- Thigh (+0.25 inches – attributing this to all of the running & leg workouts, but going to monitor over the next month to make sure I am moving in the right direction)
- Calf (-0.25 inches)
That makes a total of 3.75 inches lost (1 more inch than last month) and a GRAND TOTAL of 6.5 inches since January! I worked out 3-4 days a week during March (not as much as I planned, but I was busier than I expected), but my eating was not great, so that is something I need to focus on for April!
Here is a #transformation picture for you. The picture on the left is from my senior year of high school (2007) and the picture on the right is from last week! My 10 year high school reunion is this summer and I want to be the best version of myself when I go to the reunion! My transformation over these last 10 years has been tough, with a lot of ups and downs and plateaus. I am thankful to have a personal trainer who pushes me each week to do better. Take a look at the transformation:
Alright guys – this month is my birthday month, so I need to keep up the hard work and grind this month! Summer is just around the corner and I would love to feel great in the bikini I bought a couple of weeks ago 🙂 Here are my April goals:
- Hit the gym/workout 4-5 days a week, to be honest, I have realized that 4 days is probably a more realistic goal to hit each week, but I will continue to work hard this month and try to push myself!
- Post on the blog as often as possible! I need to find some hairstyles to film videos for you guys, if you have anything you want me to talk about or show you, let me know! Also, if you haven’t already, check out my Wanderlust #confessionsofatravelholic posts (NYC and Miami are live). I am going to Nashville in April, so be on the look out for that post towards the end of the month!
- EAT HEALTHY! I really need to focus on this during April to help my goals even more!
- GIVE BACK – I use charity miles to give back through running, but I also want to do something in my spare time to give back as well. My goal is to donate time or money this month for a charity.
In addition, I am running 2 races this month:
- April 22 – Running the “Run the River” 10K in Roswell with a close friend of mine! I am really excited (also, did I mention, I ran a 10K in March!! Check out my Instagram for the post) and looking forward to pushing myself this month!
- April 29 – Running the “Wicked Wine Run” 5K in Nashville with some friends. Super excited for this run as well, because, well WINE!
I will post about these races later this month! What are some of your goals for the month? Have any hairstyles you want to see? Let me know!
LIVE | LOVE | HAIR