Over the course of my tutorials, videos and tips & tricks posts, I will be including the products or tools I am using. Therefore, I wanted to give you a run down of the different products I use and love. I have paid for each of these products and they are my honest opinions!
Shampoo & Conditioners
- I use Regis Salons’ Desginline Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner. I only shampoo my hair 2x a week, because it will dry out too easily if I shampoo it more than that. This is why I use dry shampoo a lot (see this post for how I use it). I love this shampoo & conditioner for a few reasons:
- It smells great! Honestly, this is the most important quality because I do not want to wash my hair and it not smell fantastic afterwards
- It is super moisturizing! It is a sulfate-free and there a so many benefits to using sulfate-free products! Just a couple – it increases moisture retention and your hair’s ability to retain natural oils.I found this great article on sulfate-free shampoo and it’s benefits.
- It leaves my hair looking shiny and healthy! I just love the look of my hair when I wash it with this product. It has been my go-to for years!
- In addition, once a week I use Matrix Total Results Mega Sleek Conditioner. This conditioner is great, leaving my hair looking healthy, shiny and feeling oh so soft! I only use it once a week since it is a little on the heavier side and I don’t want too much moisture in my hair by using it multiple times a week.
- As mentioned in number 1, I use dry shampoo a lot. This is one product that I don’t think you need to spend a lot of money to get better results. I use Tresemme Dry Shampoo on those days that I don’t fee like washing my hair or after a workout and I don’t want to wash it more than needed. This dry shampoo is lightweight and gets the job done without having to use too much. I usually spray it to my roots and work it through to get rid of the oils on my scalp.
- Moroccan Oil Treatment – my hair dresser introduced me to this product years ago and I have been using it ever since! I have not tried any other brands of Moroccan oil, well, because if it ain’t broke, I ain’t gonna fix it. I usually work this product into my hair, avoiding the roots. They make this in a light version as well!
- Moroccan Oil Hydrating Styling Cream – this product is great when I just want to let my hair naturally dry. I use this product more in the summer than other times of the year since it is usually too hot for me to blow dry my hair and I let it air dry at work. This helps keep my crazy, frizzy hair tamed!
- Matrix Total Results Mega Sleek Iron Smoother – if you don’t take any of my tips seriously, please take this one seriously! PLEASE use some sort of heat protector on your hair when it is coming into direct contact with heat (i.e. straightening or curling). This will protect your hair and make sure it looks healthy a lot longer. I use this one because it smells great and leaves my hair looking shiny and smooth afterwards.
- Hairspray – I use two different types of hairsprays on and off – Pantene Pro-V Anti Humidity Hairspray or Tresemme Hairspray. I do not like the look or feeling of having hairspray in my hair and have found that these two, relatively inexpensive products give me that look and feel.
- Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray – I love this product for days when I want to have wavy hair without a lot of effort.I usually use it on the day after I have let my hair dry naturally and want to give more of a beach wavy look. I will post a video for how I use this product in the future!
Tools – Brushes
- Wet Brush – I use this brush every day! I absolutely love it and it gets the tangles out on the first try! It is seriously the best brush EVER.
- Paul Mitchell Round Brush – I use this brush when I am blow drying my hair and I want to add some volume to it. As a side note, I don’t need much more volume since I have so much hair, but sometimes volume can be a good thing!
Tools – Styling
- NuMe Curling Wand – I have the classic NuMe wand in 32mm. I found this wand through an Instagram ad and they were having a MEGA sale, so I DID NOT pay full price for it. I have had this wand for almost a year and it is still my go-to styling technique. I absolutely love it.I would say the cost is definitely worth it, but they will email you when they are having huge sales, so subscribe to their emails and check it out! I will post a video showing how I curl my hair in the near future!
- Paul Mitchell Straightener – This straightener is amazing! I have used so many straighteners over the years, and I will always love this one the most! My current one is 2 years old, and I had another one for a year prior to that. It leaves my hair looking so shiny and healthy, even though I straightened it! I would say the cost is definitely worth it.
- Hot Tools Curling Iron – I don’t use this curling iron as much as I used to now that I have my wand, but before I got the wand, I used this iron to create the same type of curls. Now, I use this curling iron for times when I am doing up-dos and want big curls.
- John Frieda Blow Dryer – This will be the blow dryer I use in tutorials and videos. It has been my trusty blow dryer for years and years now! This blow dryer has a lot of power, which I need because I have a lot of hair!
- John Frieda Straightener – This is another product I don’t use that often, but I will use it when I want the Straightener Curls look or just to give my bangs some style.
I know this was a lot of information – but it should be helpful when I post tutorials, videos and tips & tricks in the future. Have a product you want me to try? Leave a comment and I will do an honest review! Remember, if you’re on Instagram, hashtag #gapeachhairaffair to let me know your thoughts on any products or tools you try out!
LIVE | LOVE | HAIR